The health professionals at PAC provide a variety of testing services:
Psycholgoical evaluation for medical procedures
Other assessments as needed
Depression and Anxiety Disorders
What to expect at your testing appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. You will be greeted at the waiting-room window by our office staff to assist you with this.
- If the testing client is a child or adolescent, please ensure that a parent or legal guardian accompanies them to the testing session to sign paperwork and give consent for treatment.
- Any insurance co-payment, deductible, or self-pay is due at this time.
- Your psychologist will escort you from the waiting room to their office for the evaluation.
- Our offices are private and comfortable with noise machines to ensure confidentiality.
- The first part of the evaluation will be an in-depth, one hour diagnostic interview regarding your current situation, your family and personal background, relevant medical conditions, symptom history, and current symptoms and functioning. Though it may be difficult to tell your private story to someone you don't know, our psychologists do their best to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
- The testing period itself may take up to several hours depending on the tests you require. Testing may take place the same day as the intake interview, or it may be scheduled for a later date if your insurance company requires prior authorization. Please note that some insurance companies can take up to two weeks to authorize testing and they may determine that testing is not medically necessary.
- After the testing is completed, the psychologist will review the results and write a report containing all relevant information, testing results, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations. This process may take up to two weeks.
- You will return for a feedback appointment at a later time and the psychologists will discuss your results and give you a copy of the report.
- If you were referred by your physician or outside agency, a copy of the full report will be faxed to them with your permission.